The most relevant role I developed during my two stages at LeighFisher (Edinburgh and Bologna) was the one as a traffic and technical advisor on investment opportunities in public concessions:
- 10 highway projects in Europe comprising 1,000 km, including the M50 (Dublin)
- 4 tunnel projects in Europe comprising 15 km, including the Envalira Tunnel (Andorra)
- 8 rail concessions in Europe comprising 85 km, including Metro Barajas (Madrid)
I had a central role in these projects, carrying out my own tasks and managing, leading and supporting international teams (team members in Italy, the U.K. and India).
My duties comprised the analysis of the quality and quantity of the data provided by the client in order to understand, verify and assess the economic profitability of the concession. I carried out an analysis based on traffic, general analysis of the OPEX and CAPEX costs and compliance with Health and Safety regulations. I analysed the main concession contract documents for the assets (concession, construction, operation, maintenance, third parties subcontracts, etc.) to verify and report the main highlights, potential risks and draft final conclusions.
Clients to include:
- Sovereign Funds such as the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority;
- Asset Management Companies such as Brookfield or Sacyr; and
- Private Pension Funds such as Universities Superannuation Scheme or the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.